"Our Central Story" - 9/20/19
Central SD 51
Friday, September 20, 2019
- Good News Call of the Day is up and running at CPS. We are excited to celebrate students making good choices at school and on the bus. Several students have received certificates and a positive phone call home already this year. Go Trojans, keep up the good work!
- CPS celebrated Grandparent's Day this week with 3rd grade. Congratulations to Mrs. Cunningham, the third grade teachers, and third grade students for a fantastic performance!
- Congratulations to Coaches Lawson, Warren, and the softball team for a fantastic season! The girls had a great year and played hard to the end.
- CIS is proud of the CIS Marching Band, Cheerleaders and Dance Team for their fantastic showing in the Morton Pumpkin Festival Parade. Thank you Mrs. Houle, Mrs. Uftring and Miss Karpowicz and your groups for making us proud!
- The District has taken measures to improve safety for bus riders. As of September 12, cameras were fully operational on all District 51 buses. Cameras installed on the stop arm will help deter illegal passing when the bus stop arm is out, and cameras installed inside of the bus will help monitor safety concerns. Central has been working with the Washington Police Department regarding bus safety issues, and any recordings of vehicles passing a school bus illegally will be turned over to the WPD. We appreciate their help in keeping our students safe.