"Our Central Story" - 8/29/19
Central SD 51
Thursday, August 29, 2019
- This week in Kindergarten, Zero the Hero stopped by to visit. Zero the Hero reads a book to students, discussing the significance of the number zero. Our hero stopped by this week to celebrate day 10!
- Team work makes the dream work! Teachers at CPS worked collaboratively after school to reorganize the leveled library. It’s temporarily placed in the 1st/2nd grade hallway so it’s accessible to all teachers for guided reading as we await our new library space next year. #celebratecentral
- The CIS Office will be sending out a Monthly Newsletter for parents beginning August 30. We will share news and information about CIS and we will hear from students and parents about things that are happening that month. The link will be sent out soon!
- Central 51 and the Washington Park District worked together last week to strengthen our partnership and plan for facility use for the upcoming fall, winter, and spring activities. Thanks to Mr. Brian Tibbs and the Washington Park District staff for taking the time to meet with us. We are excited for our continued work together!
- Continuing with the original mission of the Trojan Gala, this year the Washington Community Foundation through the Central School District 51 Fund will be awarding $8,500 worth of grants to teachers in Central School District 51. Teachers are able to apply for grants up to $500 each to extend innovative or essential learning opportunities in their classrooms.