1. Last week, our PTO came to CPS for Prize Patrol. Our students were so excited to choose prizes for reading and earning Accelerated Reader points. We are so proud of our readers, and we are so thankful for our PTO who provides this opportunity to promote literacy!
2. This week, students in kindergarten through 2nd grade visited the Washington Fire Department to learn about fire safety. Students had a great time!
3. Congratulations to Coaches Morrow and Miller and the Girls Cross Country Team for earning Sectional Runner-Up and advancing to State! Best of luck girls!
4. The CIS Choirs under the direction of Lynn Randolph opened their concert series on with their Fall Concert, Wednesday evening, October 10. The Choirs all sounded wonderful and the singers all did a great job! The 5th/6th Choir, 7th/8th Choir, Boys Ensemble, and Girls Ensemble performed.
5. At the October 11 Central School District 51 Board meeting Mrs. Lowry and a group of students presented in the new STEM lab the modules they have been learning about over the last several weeks. The College & Career Ready Labs take STEM education to the next level as students learn to use and manage technology through interactive, multimedia program, while engaging in authentic problem-based learning. Students are engaged in modules like virtual engineering, forensic science, design & marketing, and video production to name few. This is an exciting time as the district continues to invest in expanding Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) education in our schools.