1. On Friday, February 8th, a team of kindergarten teachers and other
educators from Dunlap Schools came to visit our Kindergarten classrooms
at CPS to view the use of 1:1 Chromebooks. Teachers and students
answered questions about the Chromebooks, and it was evident that our
CPS teachers and students have done a great job integrating the
Chromebooks in classrooms. We appreciate our teachers using their time
to share their knowledge with other educators.
2. Grade levels at both buildings have been hard at work putting together baskets for the Trojan Gala taking place on Saturday, March 2nd. Each grade level was assigned a theme, and teachers worked hard to coordinate a basket with various items pertaining to the theme to be auctioned off at the event. A special thanks to our Trojan Gala for this idea, our teachers who worked on putting items together, and our families for contributing items or money.
3. Congratulations to the CIS 7th Grade Volleyball team for winning the Tazewell County Volleyball Tournament. Great job Coaches Sopko and Jeter and the team for all of your hard work and success!
4. The Student Council "Crush"ed it selling 4200 Crush sodas for their Valentine's fundraiser. Students and staff will get to enjoy sweet treats on Valentine’s Day! We are proud of the hard work Mrs. J. Uftring and the students put into creating special events for CIS!
5. On Tuesday, February 12 Central Staff and Community welcomed new CPS Principal, Jonathon Cox. He comes highly recommended as a leader who relates well with students, teachers, staff, and parents. Jon’s extensive curriculum and leadership experiences will be an asset to the teachers and staff at Central Primary School. We are very excited to have Mr. Cox join our Central team. He will officially begin his position July 1, 2019, however, he will begin transitioning and be seen in district throughout the next several months. Mrs. Ericka Bush has been the assistant principal split between Central Primary School and Central Intermediate School this school year. Mrs. Bush will be full time at CIS as the assistant principal for the 2019-2020 school year. We are impressed with her talents and skills as an administrator and think she will be a great asset to CIS.