Our Central Story - 10/18/19
Central SD 51
Friday, October 18, 2019
- Mrs. Hartzler's Kindergarten students have a partnership with 6th grade students in Mrs. Uftring's Advanced Literature class. The sixth grade students plan and teach lessons to their Kindergarten buddies. What a great collaboration! #celebratecentral51
- A critical piece of our Central Primary School life is Leader In Me. Leader in Me (LiM) is an evidence-based, comprehensive-school improvement model—developed in partnership with educators—that empowers students with the leadership and life skills they need to thrive in the 21st century. Alex Hillegonds presented to our third grade students Habit 2 of the 7 Habits, Begin With The End in Mind. The presentation focused on how to set goals and how to overcome obstacles that may get in your way.
- The CIS Boys and Girls Cross Country Teams advanced to State at Parkside Junior High School. The Girls team placed first at the Sectional Meet and the Boys were runners up. Congratulations to Coaches Miller and Uftring and both teams for an outstanding finish.
- 17 CIS students were selected for the ILMEA Choir, Band and Jazz Band. The Concert Band and Choirs will perform at WIU on November 2, Jazz Band will play at Springfield High School on November 16. Congratulations Mrs. Houle, Mrs. Randolph, and the participating students for representing CIS at these events!
- Parent-Teacher Conferences are scheduled for next week, October 24th from 4-8PM and October 25th from 8AM-12PM. This is a great opportunity to visit with teachers and discuss your student’s progress. Hope to see you there!