"Our Central Story" - 5/30/19
Central School District 51
Thursday, May 30, 2019
- Two CPS students enjoyed a ride to school in a police car thanks to a bid at the Central 51 Trojan Gala on Saturday, March 2nd. Quinn and Riley were escorted by our Central 51 D.A.R.E Officer, Officer Taylor.
- Mrs. Ekena's second grade students enjoyed an end of the year campout in their classroom on Wednesday, May 29th! They enjoyed scavenger hunts, flashlight reading in the tent, and a "How to make S'mores writing (and eating) activity!” What a fun way to end a great year!
- On Tuesday, May 28th and Wednesday, May 29th, our third grade students visited Sommer Park for their spring field trip. Students had a great time getting hands on experiences showcasing what life was like back in the mid-19th century!
- CIS held its annual Field Day. The students participated in a number of different activities and ran through inflatable obstacle courses. Thank you to Mrs. Morrow for planning a great day for students!
- Congratulations to brothers Beckham and Colin our CIS Principals for the Day. The Principals ran the building and had a great Field Day!
- As the 2018-19 school year at Central comes to a close…what an amazing year we’ve had!! We commend the hard work and dedication of students and staff alike. We head into summer with great anticipation and enthusiasm as construction and renovations begin. This is an exciting time for our Central students and community. We wish our 8th grade students the best as they graduate and move on to WCHS! We hope all of our students, staff and their families have a fun, safe and enjoyable summer. We will look forward to seeing everyone in August.