1. Principal Madeline and Assistant Principal Josie stayed very busy on Thursday, May 2nd. They visited classrooms, helped with Prize Patrol, attended a meeting, met with the superintendent to discuss building plans, supervised lunches, ate lunch in the teacher’s lounge, and gave some input on how to improve our school! Both students had a great day!
2. Third grade students visited the Giving Garden in Washington this week. Students had the opportunity to sample vegetables, plant their own vegetables, and decorate a pot to take home. The third grade students and teachers reported that this was an AMAZING field trip that they would like to keep around for awhile.
3. Mrs. Randolph and Mrs. Houle held their Spring Concerts this past week. The students performed well and we added the 4th Grade Ukuleles to our concert series this year! Thank you to Mrs. Randolph, Mrs. Houle and all of our talented students for these wonderful concerts.
4. Mrs. Kurtz displayed student artwork for 4th and 5th Grades during our Spring Concerts this year. The students were able to pick the projects they wished to display and parents were able to walk through and view the art before and after the concerts. It was an excellent display of the arts at Central Intermediate School and we are very proud of what our students have accomplished.
5. This week, we celebrated our Central 51 teachers for the work they do to support our students. On Tuesday, May 7th, teachers enjoyed grilled chicken and pork chops. On Wednesday, May 8th, PTO provided Italian beef, chicken, and other goodies. Many teachers also won prizes organized by PTO. A big thanks to all of our teachers for their dedication!