1. The kindergarteners at CPS participated in their first CPS music program on Monday, March 4th in Holford Gym. Students sang traditional songs, classics from Raffi, and sang and danced. Students did a great job, and we are excited to see where music takes them throughout their time at Central.
2. Third graders are teaming up with community members to contribute to The Giving Garden. The Giving Garden is located in Washington, and the organizers give away organic fresh fruits and vegetables in exchange for donations to St. Jude. We are so proud to contribute! Way to go third grade!
3. Four Central students medaled at the IESA State Chess Tournament. They earned five of the seven possible points. Congratulations to Zach Irish-6th grade, Tommy Nemec- 8th grade, Ben McClelland-8th grade and Colin Goebel-8th grade.
4. The CIS Coffee Concert and Art Show was a HUGE success! The jazz bands from CIS and WCHS, along with the Boys and Girls Ensembles performed to a packed house in the Holford Gym. Thank you to Mrs. Randolph, Mrs. Houle, Miss Kurtz and Mr. Tallman for a great night of music and conversation!
5. Thank you to our sponsors, donors and guests for making the 3rd Annual Trojan Gala an incredible evening. Over 200 were in attendance and enjoyed a fun –filled evening of socializing, bidding on auction items and good food. You made it a record breaking year! We are pleased to announce that together we raised $44,000 for Central Schools. This brings our three-year total to $104,000!!!! Go Trojans!
In addition, A BIG shout out goes to the Gala Committee - Tiffany Johnson, Amy Moehle, Jamie Phillips, Rachel Smith and Jessica Schreurs for their hard work, commitment and dedication to this event. Each year this event’s proceeds go to the Central School Fund, a dedicated fund through the Washington Illinois Area Foundation, which is committed to enriching the educational needs of our community.