1. Students, staff, parent volunteers, and Mr. Heidbreder had a blast helping our kindergarten students with their science experiments before winter break. It was so much fun to watch our littlest learners get so excited about learning. A big thanks to our kindergarten team for planning such engaging learning experiences for our students during a hectic week!
2. Seeing the gym packed full of our excited CPS students on Friday, December 21st was truly heartwarming. The all school sing along was a great way for CPS to celebrate the holiday season. Thanks to Mr. Nelson for getting our students so excited about music and for organizing this CPS tradition!
3. CIS Students participated in the 30th annual Teen Conference with Mrs. A. Uftring and Mrs. Barth. The students get together with teens from around the state to discuss issues facing today's teens and leadership sessions. Teens look for positive ways to overcome the obstacles in their lives.
4. Miss Davidshofer is beginning a new service project for CIS Students--Knit for a Cause. Students will be making Snuggles, a small blanket, a concept through Hugs for Homeless Animals. She has contacted TAPS shelter in Pekin, who would love our donations. We have a great number of students interested in learning this skill and making a difference for sheltered animals.
5. In the month of December, Central adopted 18 families in need through the Salvation Army. All grades participated. K– toothbrushes & toothpaste; 1st - kitchen gadgets (can openers, pot holders, spatulas; 2nd- bath towels, hand towels, washcloths; 3rd – laundry soap/softener; 4th – Cleaning supplies (bath & kitchen); 5th – toiletries (shampoo, soap, lotions); 6th, 7th, and 8th – gifts for the children and parents to unwrap on Christmas morning. This project has become a tradition at CIS and CPS and as always Central students/families showed their generosity by going above and beyond what was expected. In addition to the gifts and household goods, we supplied a $50 Kroger gift card to each family to help provide Christmas dinner. Thank you to all of the students and families that made this project a success!